Friday, April 1, 2011

Painting of a Different Sort

In the many, many hours I've spent dragging my shutter to capture the agonizingly slow movement of the stars, I typically lose sight of what makes these photos jump out of the page and catch your eye. I worry so much about things like focus and ensuring my composition will account for the rotation that I end up missing key elements, including the entire foreground (/facepalm).

This latest excursion I made a conscious effort to bring that foreground to life, rather than silhouette it against the backdrop of spiraling lights. Rather than flashguns for light, I've opted for the slower, more precise method of painting it with flashlights. After a couple of test frames I was ready to let it run it's course, and here is the finished product:



Welcome to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment